Welcome to my garden blog, being a novice ive made so many mistakes but im learning all the time, having fun and slowly becoming proud of my hippy self :)

Thursday 6 January 2011

November 2010

The egg laying is slowing down, think its after the girls are moved, it upsets their systems, a delayed reaction, hope they settle in soon.
Found a farm shop near me, great for getting feed, straw etc.
Roxy, one of my girls is not well, acting strange, all haunched up and not interested in anything, she has lost loads of weight, she stayed like this for a few days and finally passed away, how sad :(
I tried everything i could, nothing worked. Had been in touch with farm for advice, when i told her of the sad news, she very kindly offered to replace her, didn't think it was a good idea, but Louri said yes, so along we went.....didn't want to replace her with another black rock so got another speckaldy instead.
Arrived home and placed her in the run, OMG, it was like Raptor showdown, really scary, poor little girl, they all pecked at her like mad, she ran up into the coop, her crown pouring with blood! WOW I felt so guilty....apparently this is normal and is where Hen Pecked came from.
After a couple of days she settled in fine yay!
14.11.10 Woke up this morning to find husband had cleaned out the coop for me....will wonders never seize?
The cold has really come, the fish pond frozen over, melted a little hole for them.
Specky is limping, he foot is badly bruised, think she may have twisted it coming down the ramp.
Cant believe how stressed out the girlies are keeping me, maybe I'm not cut out for all this, have I made a mistake?
have put cage wire all around my veggie beds, JD keeps insisting to use it as her toilet, not for much longer.
30.11.10 and we have snow!!! everything is covered, poor veggies, poor fish and poor chooks.
Altogether not a good November.

No comments:

Post a Comment