Welcome to my garden blog, being a novice ive made so many mistakes but im learning all the time, having fun and slowly becoming proud of my hippy self :)

Friday 29 October 2010

July 2010

On return from my 1 week away.....WOW! I now have a jungle in my veggie patch!
I have harvested my first fruit courgette, charlotte pots, beetroots, peas and x1 green bean lol!
The raspberries and strawberries are coming ripe, the tomatoes are overgrown but all salads have bolted, shame.
All the parsnips are covered in black flies, YUK, sprayed with a detergent solution.
I have bought some GH staging and had a good clear out.

Sowed:

  • salads
  • turnips
  • carrots
  • beans
  • peas
  • okra (one last time) damn it!
  • radish
  • fennel
  • kohl Rabi
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • pakchoi
Placed all new into mini GH.

Whilst clearing up found a tiny baby frog near the outside tap, I filled a tub with water and pebbles, rocks for an escape route and a few leaves.  Wonder if hell stay?
As usual I always go overboard, so after finding the frog I have decided to set up a miniature pond for him, last night I ordered from the internet, a pink sparkly tub, and some aquatic plants, its going to be so cute!
Well the next morning.....should I be surprised? of course the frog has gone.....and then the pink sparkles with plants have turned up...oh dear!

Harvested my first Patty pan courgette and my Cyprus potatoes, nice size but full of dimples?
Propagated strawberry runners, thyme, mint basil and bonsai pine, put in GH.

Picking toms daily now, also courgettes, put into soup, delicious!
Have started to make up plans for winter and next years veggie layout. 
Today I am the proud new mummy of x4 goldfish (Shubunkins), put into tub.
The garden next door has had tree surgeons in this morning, by the afternoon on my return from work cant believe it, they have completely cleared all the garden, including x2 huge fern trees, the old shed and pine trees, so sad! now my garden is completely exposed!

No comments:

Post a Comment