Welcome to my garden blog, being a novice ive made so many mistakes but im learning all the time, having fun and slowly becoming proud of my hippy self :)

Saturday 23 October 2010

May 2010

First day of May and the weather is SHIT!

Planted some marigolds today, hopefully they are good at keeping bugs away?
Sowed:

  • Aubergine
  • Lambs lettuce
  • Lavender
  • Sweet bell peppers
  • Banana peppers
  • Radish
Oh dear, Ive overdone it with the jelly in the hanging baskets, there has been sooooo much rain that they have swelled and are almost spilling over. Took out the bulbs and half of the compost/jelly mixture and replanted the bulbs.
Went to B&Q to get filling for veggie bed No. 2. 

Have seen a fox over the past couple of days, discovered whilst emptying compost that it live next door in an abandoned old shed! what does this mean for my future chicken plans?

Harvested my first pakchoi today YUM!

Have finally filled veggie bed No. 2, Oh no, JD is not going to be happy as it has taken over her toilet plot, shame.....go next door! :)

My potatoes are in flower!
Planted strawberry plants and fuchsias, look really nice. 
Found 2 naughty slugs in my beds, sent them away and put some pellets down. Also had another naughty visitor in my veggie bed, her name is JD, she is in protest, no poo, just a bit of digging.
Its now the end of May and my potato plants have toppled over, googled and apparently this normal at point of flowering.
Tomato plants are full of flowers, wont be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment