Welcome to my garden blog, being a novice ive made so many mistakes but im learning all the time, having fun and slowly becoming proud of my hippy self :)

Sunday 24 October 2010

June 2010

And its raining yet again, I discovered this morning that something (don't think its the cats) has been tunneling for gold in my veggie beds, it has completely destroyed the pakchoi i planted only a few days ago and lights trampled my beans and lettuce, hopefully they will recover! :(

Well it rained all day and all night. Beautiful sunshine today.  Came downstairs, looked through the kitchen window and ......BASTARDS!!!!!
Once again the suspect has been at my veggies!  Will have to put cloche back over it again after replanting some more spinach and pak choi....GITS!

Unbelievable? what ever it was that trampled my veggie beds had upset both of my Okra seedlings, reset them and thought they would recover but unfortunately not!  Will resow some tomorrow and plant them direct.
Also very low on salads since the event!

Navestock flower festival today


Will it be raining? have asked my friend Teri to join me.  Wow no rain, but what a disappointment, it was more like a church gathering, never mind.  We used the day to visit several garden centres and lunch out, cant be bad.

Sowed:

  • Asparagus
  • Okra
  • Spinach
  • Radish
  • Pak choi
  • Lettuce
Repotted 3 cherry tom plants to keep upstairs in window together with chilli plant.
Have spotted first tomatoes on all tom plants.

Harvested my Maris pipers today, lots of potatoes but very small, maybe i was a little impatient, i should have waited till all the leaves had died.

Went to water inside the GH, something has eaten all my new lettuce seedlings, one of my Aubergines, not happy!  Found the culprit, a very large slug.....just you wait till I get my chickens, they'll have you for breakfast!

Well the mole is back, or at least that's what I think it is, it has tunnelled near my chives, slightly damaging my courgette and newly planted marigolds.

Had a garden tap fitted today, yay! finally no more carrying heavy watering cans, made a wire cage around my veggie beds, hopefully this will keep out our little tunnelling friend.
....
well, so far so good, looks like my cage has worked.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment